Your toughest challenges deserve consultants and trainers with decades of classroom and school leadership experience.
Bluegrass Learning customized consulting and professional development can help. Whether your teachers need professional development on effective classroom strategies, or your school and district leaders need new approaches for engaging families, the Bluegrass Learning team can help.
We provide actionable, measurable strategies that can be implemented quickly. Meet our team to learn more about their areas of expertise.
Contact us today to schedule a phone consultation.
What we do:
Engaging the Disengaged Family
For districts and schools who say "We've tried everything!"
After hundreds of parent and teacher interviews, dozens of home visits and observations at school family events, and three years of research, we can safely respond with, "No, you haven't." If you are a district or school leader, that might be tough to hear. If you still think you have 'done everything we can,' ask yourself:
1. Did you livestream your last family event or meeting so parents could watch from home or work?
2. Who is reviewing your school-to-home documents, family webpage, newsletters, tip sheets, etc. to ensure they are written in a way parents can understand them? Don't feel too bad if the answer is "no one." Our research indicates most districts are sharing written information that up to 85% of families can't understand.
3. Do your teachers frequently send actionable messages to parents like this?:
Hi Mrs. Baker! Joe needs a little help with place value. We'll work on it at school, and here's a link that explains some things you can do at home to help too!
4. Are you measuring results? Can you tell us how many families came to the last 'family literacy night?' How many students do those parents represent? What grade levels? Of the parents who attended, how are their children performing compared to students who didn't have a parent attend?
If you can't answer those questions then you aren't "doing everything we can."
Those are just a few examples. There are many more ways your school and district can engage your 'tough to reach' families. Even families in poverty, parents with limited education and those with limited English Skills.
Our consulting and professional development sessions on Family Engagement can help your school or district look at family engagement in new ways. Together, we will implement specific, actionable steps that will help you reach more families.
Contact us today to get started.
Incorporating ACT Preparation into Daily Instruction
For high school teachers
The Bluegrass Learning ACT Preparation classes have been delivered to over 600 students in the last two years. Average student increase after attending 12 hours of Saturday classes:
1. Science: +4 points
2. English and Reading: +3 points
3. Mathematics: +1 point
4. Average composite increase: +2.4 points
Our experienced classroom teachers have taken that course of study and created professional development to show your teachers how to easily incorporate ACT preparation instruction into their daily lesson plans.
Your teachers learn simple, easy-to implement strategies so your students are preparing throughout the school year.
Call today to learn more.
Delivered by Experienced Educators
Seven Educators with more than 125 years of classroom and school leadership experience
Our consultants have expertise in the following: