Current students and their families can call or email as normal to schedule an appointment. If you are a new student who would like to schedule an appointment, call us at (270) 904-5949 so we can learn more about your child and find a day and time that works for you and our tutors.
We also have the ability to deliver online tutoring via Skype, Facetime and other apps.
Our next round of group classes are scheduled for May 16, 23, 30 and June 6. You can register for those sessions by calling the office or signing up online at this page. Call, email, or stop by our office if you have any questions or need ACT prep assistance.
Family Five is typically sold to schools, so their teachers can share video lessons with parents, explaining:
- What your child is learning in school
- Why the skill or concept is important
- Simple and fun activities families can do at home to help their child learn the skill or concept
Any teacher, parent, or other caregiver taking care of PreK-2nd grade students can access Family Five by:
- Visiting www.famfive.com
- Creating a username and password
- Selecting a video class and entering the following ‘school code’ on the checkout page: bluegrass2020
You can watch sample videos before signing up.
Teachers who want to share specific videos tied to the NTI packets they are sending home should start with the embedded training videos.
Parents and other caregivers can jump right into any of the following video classes:
- “Teach your Child to Read and Write” for K-2 parents
- “Teach your Child Math” for K-2 parents
- “Preparing your Child for School” for Pre-K families
- “Preperando a Tu Niño Para La Escuela” for Spanish-speaking Pre-K families
Finally, like many small local businesses, this wasn’t expected and could cause some difficulty during our busiest season of the year. We are well-positioned to ride out the decrease in business for a little while, but an extended shutdown and decreased business for months may present problems for many small, local businesses, Bluegrass Learning included. I’ll be making a concerted effort to better support our local businesses during this difficult period. If you and your family can do the same, it will be very much appreciated!
Stay Safe and God Bless!
Joe Deaton is the founder and President of Bluegrass Learning.